When your pet steps on the training mat, their paws conduct a current across two or more detection lines. When this occurs, an electrical circuit closed and triggers the control module to sound an alarm or emits a mild but uncomfortable static charge, letting your pet know the area is off-limits. Therefore, the weight of the pet is not a factor to trigger the training mat, the touch is. Compared to competing products, the SVDPET training mat has a higher density of detection lines ensuring compatibility with pets small and large.
In most cases, this is caused by liquid pooling on or under the training mat. Any conductive material, such as liquids or metal, will trigger the control module and the alarm will sound or a static charge will go off. Please try the following steps to resolve this issue: 1. Turn off the control box. 2. Clean the training mat on both sides with a damp cloth. 3. Dry the training mat with a dry cloth on both sides. Give enough time for both sides to air dry completely. 4. Move the training mat to a non-conductive surface, such as fabric or wood floor, then turn on the control box and test it.
- Clean your pet’s paws and shave excess and protruding hair in between pads. Check to ensure it is under the Staic or Stair + Beep mode. -The LED light should flash red or purple.
- Increase the electrostatic strength "from low to medium or high".
- Check whether the battery has any charge left. Replace it with a new one if necessary.
- Tighten the screws between the controller and the mat. The tool is included in the package.
- If none of the above solutions work, please contact technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Some pets are capable of bypassing or jumping over the mat. Please adjust the placement of the training mat or increase the number of mats.
- Your pet's paws may be dirty or hairy. Clean the paws and shave excess and protruding hair in between the pads.
Please follow the steps below:
To check if the mat is working:
1) Install the battery and turn on the product.
2) Switch to the Beep Mode. The LED light should turn blue.
3) Touch two adjacent lines with your bare hand (do not wear a glove). If the mat beeps, it means it's working.
If the LED does not flash or if the mat does not beep, please contact us at email@example.com.
The traning mat is waterproof but the control box is not so keeping the control box dry is important. The Training mat is indoor use only! Cleaning the mat promptly will keep it functioning properly. For a thorough clean, the control box can be disembled with the tool included in the box. The mat can be wiped with wet soapy towel or rinsed under water. The control box should only be put back with the mat when the mat is completely dry.
First, turn off the control box. Next, detach the control box from the mat with the tool included in the box. Once hte control box is removed, then you can wash the mat with water. The control box should only be put back withthe mat when the mat is completely dry. Please follow the instruction on your User Manual for how to detach and reattach the Control Box from the Mat.
Although electrostatic stimulation is very uncomfortable, it is safe for both you and your pet.
The Beep Mode has 5 intensity levels from 90dB to 110 dB and you would hear the sound. The freqency is at 3000Hz which is safe for human and pets.
The SVE.PET pet training mat comes with Smart Protection. If any conductive content (including water, pet, or human) linger on the mat for more than 10 seconds, the mat will automatically shut off. The auto shut off protects any person or pets from extended exposure to the static charge and it prevents the mat from getting overcharged.
The training mat is powered by one standard size 9-volt replaceable battery (not included) and does not need to be plugged into the wall.
No. the battery is not included in the package. You need to have one standard size 9-volt battery.
Still have a question ?
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.